RE: neon

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 09:15:21 EST

It wasn't too bad. Thanks for the hints Tom. And thanks Bernd for the
mental go/no-go gauge. Having never worked on a Neon, especially one I
don't own, made me a little nervous. I got it out and tested at the
parts store and it checked out good (as did the battery.) Not what I
wanted to hear. So I put the old one back in, cleaned/greased the two
connections, set the belt nice and tight and I get 13-14 volts at the
battery at idle with a good load on it. My current working theory is
that the belt wasn't tight enough. I should have tested the volts at the
battery and checked belt tension before pulling it apart, but that's why
I'm an amateur weekend mechanic.

Now that I have that Neon out of the garage, I need to get started on
building the IT Department Festivus Pole this evening.