Re: front wheel bearings

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2007 - 21:22:03 EST

On Wed, December 5, 2007 3:34 pm, Dan Kramarsky wrote:

> DML:
>
> How do you go about either:
>
> 'inspecting' front wheel bearings
>
> or
>
> 'testing the front wheel bearings while wheel and tire are on vehicle'
>

> reason is I am hearing a noise from right-front wheel that was not there a
> week ago. its
> a whining sound that never goes away. it appears at 30MPH and stays there
> until 60MPH.
> turning or braking doesn't change the sound.

Bearings usually make a "wub wub wub" (sorry I can't be more descriptive)
type of noise once they're on their way out. You can try lifting the vehicle
and attempting to move the wheel up/down and feel for any play. You can
always take them apart and see how they look as well.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.