Re: All New 2009 Dodge Ram on Allpar

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 12:05:12 EST

Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:

>> it just truck me! It looks too damned much like a Tundra!!!
>>

> http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/toy_ram.jpg

   You've got a point there. :-) I suspect that it may have more to
do with both trucks being influenced by the wind tunnel, with the
results pointing both companies to the same conclusion rather than
blatant copying (who would want their truck to look like a Toyota
after all?) ;-) but you're right, the similarities are striking.

    I suspect that as aerodynamics becomes a larger factor in vehicle
design, all models will start to merge towards the same basic shape.
:-( Heh - the streets may some day look like a NASCAR track -
identical cars with different paint jobs and logos. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-