Re: All New 2009 Dodge Ram on Allpar

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 01:20:18 EST

> I think a lot of the other trucks out there copied the basic Ram
> design, including the Tundra.
>
> In this case, it looks (to me) that Toyota copied (with some
> changes) the older Ram, and then Dodge didn't do enough to
> make it different.

I think it was around 1997 when Ford copied the "Big Rig" styling,
Chevy did to a lesser extent a few years later, Toyota I would say
followed more inline with Ford's adaptation. When it really comes
down to it, what all the manufacturers have done is follow the same
basic design and develop a trademark grill. Dodge has been the best at
integrating this across their whole line from the Caliber to the Dodge
Ram 6500. Also, if you think this is bad, think about how similar all
the mid-90s sedans were? How about the 1960s, 1970s, or 1980s pickups?

I like the design and when they release the Cummins V-8 I will be buying one.