Re: RE: VIN

From: Jamie Calder (JCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2007 - 22:09:18 EST

Yup, I check the glove box for any old registrations, names etc.
I saw the keys on ebay for $12. They're the blanks with a transponder which
will work but I need (want) the transponder/keyless remote combo for $90.00
on ebay. Probably much more at the dealer. Since you need to be in
possession of 2 programmed keys to program the new one yourself, I need to
have the dealership do it. Don't know how much this might be. Looks like a
spare key might end up costing me around $150.00!
Bernd, what's the going rate for a dealer supplied, cut and programmed
transponder/remote key (only 1 good one on hand)?

Thanks,
James