Re: RE: Spark Plug Carnage

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 22:47:28 EST

Brian wrote:

> I'd almost say just lack of maintenance as far as replacing the plugs.
> Probably a reason it calls for the longer lasting double platinum plugs.
> Almost makes me want to go check the plugs in my T&C with the 3.8 in it.
> But mines a 2005.

Ehhhhh - I'm gonna say no to that - this was NOT normal wear. It looked
like the spark plugs had been visciously attacked by a drunkin spot
welder. You could see splatter from what I assume was the electrodes
blowing themselves to peices. The guy bought the van used and said it
was in pristine condition. The plugs looked pretty new from the threads
up to the top (where the wires connect) So that why him and I had
concluded that the OEM platinum plugs were replaced with the coppers at
some point.

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine