RE: RE: gas up again (bet thiss tarts a flame war)

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 14:41:30 EST

At the store I use here in central Ohio, the discounts are cumulative up
to 90 days and up to a max of 30 US gallons. It must be a regional
thing, like Andy said. We've got a stupid number of grocery stores
within easy driving distance, and this one seems to come up with a nice
competitive advantage over many others with their on-premises fuel
station. During the nice weather, I have to buy 25 gallons of
premium-flavored fuel for the truck, so it sure comes in handy then.

If I fill all 3 of our vehicles, we can go for at least 8 weeks without
buying fuel. Living close to work really helps shield us from getting
smacked around as much by The Invisible Hand of the Market. Not
completely, but it helps a great deal.