Re: RE: gas up again (bet thiss tarts a flame war)

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 22:56:28 EST

> > That's just awesome. My grocery store's discounts weren't cumulative,
> > but the promotion is over.
>
> Grocery store tie-ins must be a southern thing. The only discounts I
> get around here are by getting a car wash with the gas (spend $7 on a
> wash, get 10 cents/gallon knocked off) or a few cents knocked off for
> using the station's credit card.

I live in Tacoma, WA, the only thing southern here is the end of the
Puget Sound we're on. Also the deal was 10 cents per gal after
spending $50 on groceries (in one trip) and sadly beer didn't count.
Otherwise it was, and still is a 3 cent discount with the Safeway Club
Card. You know, the more I think about it I can't be 100% sure they
weren't cumulative since I buy gas more often than groceries (a tank
every 2-3 weeks, groceries ever 3-4).