RE: RE: Differential Issue?

From: josh@stolarz.org
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 14:55:39 EST

Alright thanks.. I guess the next time it's at the dealer I will have them
check it. I'm past due for trans service, and that's one thing I'm ok with
paying for since I really don't want to deal with all the trans fluid dropping
down.

It's only been to the dealer three times in it's life, once for the ball joints
and once for a new fuel sender unit the others a bit of a story. Guess I can't
complain to much after about 6 years of the truck.

The third dealer trip it got towed in, it was a cold morning and the truck was
cold (10 minute drive and in the teens outside), I was within eye sight of work
and I hit the throttle pretty good, was trying to warm the truck up before I
shut it off. When I parked it I smelled oil and saw steam from under the hood.
Opened the hood and saw oil everywhere in the bay, first thought is a rod or
something with all this oil. Had it towed to the dealer, about a 5 minute walk
down the road. I have a QuickD intake on it and the breather hose was
apparently kinked enough to shoot the dip stick out out of the engine from the
cold temps and likely high oil pressure. The warranty covered the tow and the
dealer pulled a dipstick from a truck on the lot and replaced the breather hose
and I was all set. On my walk to the dealer I found the dip stick handle but
not the dip stick..

Josh