Leaky rear sliding window

From: Kurt Cypher (cyphercats@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2008 - 18:22:55 EST

I have an occasional problem with water leaking into the rear
passenger area of my 97 Club Cab 2WD Dakota. I think I've narrowed
it down to water being forced through the sliding glass window in the
back. I normally park my Dak facing North, with prevailing winds out
of the West. The seat seems to get wet when we have rain accompanied
by strong winds out of the southwest, and I'm thinking that the wind
is forcing the sliding panel forward just enough to let rain past the
rubber seal. I'm probably going to put some caulk in place as a
temporary fix (and to make sure my theory is right). Does anyone
have any ideas about ways to revitalize this rubber weather strip?
Alternatively, how much trouble is it to replace this rubber strip
(assuming it's even possible).

Kurt