Re: Offtopic I Know... Packers VS Giants

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 21:40:53 EST

On Jan 22, 2008 8:35 PM, Chris Reck <chris92@insightbb.com> wrote:

> This ended up being a great game. Much better than the Pats and Chargers
> game, where other than for the first half, it was a blowout. Both teams had
> a shot to win this one.

The Pats played horribly on Sunday. If Tomlinson was healthy, the
Chargers might have had a solid chance.

> I think the Giants have a better shot than any of the other teams in beating
> the Pats. Their receivers are taller and they have a great running game.
> Also, they have momentum (8 straight road wins).

Correction: The Giants have won 10 straight on the road. Their last
road loss was week 1 in Dallas.

The Giants almost beat NE in week 17. If not for a couple stupid
penalties, that game could have ended differently.

Burress played better Sunday than he has in at least a month. And if
you're doubling up Burress (which most teams do, because even hurt
he's apparently the biggest threat), you're leaving Toomer, Steve
Smith or Kevin Boss (they have *got* to get him more receiving
opportunities) open. Or giving Jacobs/Bradshaw some room to work with
the run or a screen pass.

Defensively, the Giants need to do 2 things: get the secondary
healthy, and pressure Brady early and often. They did the latter in
week 17, and I think Strahan, Umeyniura and Tuck can do it again and
rattle him some.

And Manning...where was this guy the first 3/4 of the season when we
needed him winning NFC East showdowns?

> If I were a betting man, I would bet the game wouldn't over a 3 point spread
> (instead of 13 as Vegas is betting).

The line was 12 when I checked it today, with the over/under at 54. I
wouldn't put the spread any higher than 7.

I think it's gonna be a real good game. I really don't want to see a
replay of SB 35 against the Ravens.