2008 4.7 310HP

From: GMBlows GMBlows (gmblows@msn.com)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 10:23:18 EST

I must say I'm very impressed with the 4.7's new ratings.
Does anyone have one, or driven one?

So how'd they do that? 310 HP, 330 ft-lbs.
No mention of VVT anywhere, except on the 2009 5.7 Hemi (380HP).
I know they added dual spark plugs and a better combustion chamber.
I guessing the better combustion allowed them to go more aggressive in the
cam timing.

It's too bad they don't offer this engine with a stick in the Dakota.

"The smaller, 4.7-liter V8 has been thoroughly revised for 2008 with more
than 30 percent more power. Now at 310 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque, ratings
just 35 and 45, respectively, behind the Hemi, and the 4.7 is more
efficient, has a wider powerband, runs on regular unleaded (mid-grade is
recommended for the Hemi) and is smoother yet than the Hemi. Unlike the Hemi
it can be mated to a manual transmission, and the automatic is the same
five-speed unit the Hemi uses. The 4.7-liter V8 is available in most states
with Flex Fuel Vehicle (FFV) capability, meaning it can run on gasoline or
up to E85 Ethanol."