Re: MDS "on" LED...

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 13:58:16 EST

I can't imagine there would be a relay that would have
a coil rated at less than 20 milliamps,which is
typical for an LED. But you're right Jason,I want to
set my resistor value high enough to where the LED
lights up well enough to see,but not be distracting.
Probably something like 2-3 kohms,or even higher.

Steve P.
--- Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> Steve, if you're feeling ambitious, that might be
> worth investigating.
> Hook up the relay input in parallel, then use the
> output to drive the
> LED circuit and completely avoid connecting the LED
> to the PCM.
>
> If you add a new low-resistance circuit, it adds a
> large current draw.
> Zero resistance (i.e. a "short") is what lets the
> magic smoke out of the
> parts. Remember, V=IR.
>
> --
> Jason Bleazard http://drazaelb.blogspot.com
> Burlington, Ontario
> his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab,
> white
> hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab,
> black

Looking for last minute shopping deals?