Re: RE: Leaking cab air exhauster

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 22:55:33 EST

I was thinking of just running some RTV around the seal where it meets
the inside of the cab. Wasn't sure if that might cause some other
issue, though. I'll probably just repeat the exercise on the second
exhauster, since I don't really want to do this again :-)

As for the "flaps," do you mean the metal(ish) louvers on the outside
component? Can't really tell -- are they supposed to open and close?
The FSM is pretty vague about their operation and it's difficult to see
the exterior component with the bed in the way... It did seem that it
was pretty noisy when I was driving the truck without any of the noise
dampening in the rear -- but I'm not sure that's any different than it
would have been when it was new with those components missing.

I did notice the foam inserts are pretty dirty (but dry) -- I'll
probably vacuum them out before I close everything up, just for grins.

Thanks,

-Bill