RE: Made in China

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 17:38:13 EST

Wow. I was under the impression that global trade
being "the berries" was not a conservative idea. I'm
about as conservative as a person can get,and this
notion of shipping off all of our manufacturing jobs,I
thought,came from liberals because of the time frame
of when it all started to really come about.

Steve P.

> Seriously, I would encourage you all to read some
> Milton Friedman for
> some background on where Jon comes from. I had to
> read some of his stuff
> in college; excerpts from his various papers and
> books. He won the
> Nobel Prize in Economics in the '70s and was an
> economic advisor to
> Thatcher and Reagan. His views on economics changed
> throughout his life,
> but his late works (Probably because at that point
> he was quite wealthy)
> form the dogma of the Church of Modern Conservative
> Economic Thought.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?