Re: Made in China

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 23:17:01 EST

Tom Byrne wrote:

> The CEO is worth what the stupid board and shareholders will pay him.That
> being said, employees don't generate profits. Investors taking risk with
> their money to buy shares and bonds to give companies capital to start and
> expand businesses generate profits. Decision makers generate profits.
> Skilled workers and engineers generate profits. Workers, laborers, are tools
> which need to be paid for to produce a product or service. They are
> overhead. It is not about who works the hardest, but who works the smartest.
> They harder it is to find someone to do the job, they more they get paid. I
> work for Citigroup. I get paid more than the janitors, but not as much as
> the quant guys with advanced degrees. The janitors work harder than I do.
> Should they be paid anything approaching my level? Hell no. It is easy to
> get janitors. Should I be paid what the a quant trader? Hell no. The get
> paid three or four times what I do and that is fine. I could not do their
> jobs. Most people could not so they deserve $500,000 or $600,000 per year.

you missed my point

whatever...

this is why I hate talking about this stuff...

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine