RE: Was: Made in China.. Now way off topic...

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 23:39:55 EST

It's mostly my fault for starting the discussion. I
thought it would be a few posts,and then fade away,but
then again I keep responding to them all.

I've been on here a long time too,but I don't have a
lot of topics that are Dak related. My first Dak had
power loss problems that led to it being let go,so I
was obsessed with getting answers for it,and my early
posts reflect that. ;) My next (2001) Dak had the 4.7
and 45RFE,which like Ron Wong said once,was a "pretty
solid solution",and it really was. That drivetrain was
reliable for me,and others on here as well,so there
were no real things to share back and forth about that
very much. At least no problems to speak of. So my
only personal experiences have been with 3.9 Daks,both
of which I've had issues with but have never
successfully fixed,and a 4.7 Dak that ran great and
never really gave me reason to talk about it. I did
get on here and tell everybody that my Dak was faster
than theirs from time to time and that I even thought
it was too fast,even though it was bone stock and a
4X4! But I was only trying to be relevant in today's
world. :)

That's the reason I'm off-topic sometimes. I'm good
for comedy and really off-the-wall thinking,and an
occasional gripe about the problems I have with my
Work-dak.

Thanks!

Steve P.
--- Hop <hopsdak@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hop, while your point is accurate and well taken,
> don't believe for a moment
> > that you speak for all of us. While this topic
> grew from a Dakota related
> > issue, I for one enjoy reading the responses
> without having to switch to
> > off-topic mode. The topic is clearly stated. If
> you don't like it, please
> > exercise your Delete button.
> >
> > Perhaps I'm wrong, but this type of complaint
> makes me think you might be
> > one of those people who buy a house next to an
> airport or race track and
> > then complain about the noise. Lighten up. It's
> not like there's a whole
> > lot of Dakota relation discussions these days
> anyway.
> >
> > Ray
> >

> I enjoy reading as well but, that is my whole point.
> This list has become a few select that post and for
> the most part there isn't anything posted that
> relates to dakotas "Other than Bob having issues
> with his ball joints and shocks ;)". Maybe I'm a
> little anal but, I've asked countless numbers of
> questions on this board and most of them get pushed
> to the side and never answered. Maybe my posts a too
> technical for the few that are left on the list?
> I've been a member of this list since junish of '97
> and have answered any question that I had
> suggestions for or knew anything about. Now My ol'
> truck is geting up there in age the tech side of
> this board has left. Other than Bernd that came out
> of retirement. Seems as if the last 3-4yrs have been
> nothing but chat from a select few. Maybe all things
> come to an end and people move on. I've spent 10yrs
> reading posts here.. That's one third of my life.
> Maybe it's time to find a more technical board that
> has more experence in deal!
> ing with technical problems that relate to autos.
>

> Long live the ol' skoo DML....
>

> --Hop

> Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Black 4X4 Sport w/Hemi

2003 Dodge Dakota Sport CC Red 4X2 Sport w/3.9 and 42RE (Work truck,driven the most often)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Silver 4X4 w/4.0 and 42RE

Be a better friend, newshound, and