RE: Was: Made in China.. Now way off topic...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 07:03:08 EST

Popcorn anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: jon@dakota-truck.net [mailto:jon@dakota-truck.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 12:38 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: Was: Made in China.. Now way off topic...

Steve Preston <steveophonic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It's mostly my fault for starting the discussion. I
> thought it would be a few posts,and then fade away,but
> then again I keep responding to them all.

    Hehehe! That's what you get for starting a topic when the entire
DML is suffering from cabin fever. :-) From MDS to Milton Friedman
in two easy steps. ;-)

    Nowadays, I don't mind the occasional off topic posts, we've got
the off topic list and that worked pretty well when we had a lot more
members, but even then it was only a tiny subset that bothered to
subscribe to that list. Back when the DML was really busy, I think
folks tended to come down on the offtopic stuff harder, just because
of the significant volume of posts to deal with. But like Barry said,
sometimes without the offtopic stuff, we'd have nothing to talk about.
:-)

    Plus, we seem to do pretty well here as far as not degenerating
into flame wars, and while the offtopic threads can "flare up" quickly
in the sense that they generate a large quantity of posts, they also
seem to die out pretty quickly.

--
                                          -Jon-