Re: Re: Trains..Its true too that

From: \ (dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 21:10:34 EST

2000# can go farther on a gallon of gas by rail,then
any other mode of transportation,and think how many
semi's it takes off the road...

For Instance:

BNSF Train Z-CHCSSE-9
TOFC Intermodal
Chicago(Cicero,Ill) to South Seattle(Seattle,Wa)
53 hrs-Priority Intermodal
usually operates between 140-180 Semi trailers..

This train takes over 150 trucks/trailers off the road
daily.And that doesnt include trains w/COFC and Double
Stacks.30-40 trains a day on the Seattle-Chicago
MainLine

This train(as of 2000 hrs today)should be between
LaCrosse,Wi and Prescott,Wi.Will have 3 BNSF Dash
9-44CW's or 3 ES44DC's

David Digney
Railfan & Stockholder
BNSF(Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad)

> I interviewed their manager of passenger operations.
> They run tourist trains
> out of Jim Thorpe, PA on the weekends. He had an
> idea of running weekend
> shoppers trains to and from area towns. However, in
> order to serve some
> interested area towns, he would need to run trains
> on NSC tracks. NSC will
> not permit passenger service on its tracks except
> where AMTRAK agreements
> are in place. It is a shame because rail is so much
> more energy efficient
> than road travel.

Be a better friend, newshound, and