Re: is this the end of the Dakota?

From: m.meyerhoff@mchsi.com
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 01:18:43 EST

Looking at the raider, it seems like they took all the "good" options from it
last year. You couldn't get a V8 in a club cab, no rear gear options... The 07
raider just made no sense.

I too would like to see them shrink the dakota back down. Stick with one chassy
length for the three options: quad cab with short bed, extended cab with
regular bed, and single cab with long bed.

IMO if a quad cab is an option, they should not put rear doors on an extended
cab. If somebody chooses a extended cab over a quad cab, they obviously made
the choice that the trucks other abilities are more important than extra seating
convenience. So stick to two doors and save that 300 lbs.

mm