Ticking Lifter

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 18:41:47 EST

M Meyerhoff writes: >> I started my 92 and it has a very loud
lifter/valve tick on the exhaust side. Changed oil just in case,
but no help. <<

You might try a mixture of whatever oil you use and tranny
fluid mix(50/50). Crank and run the engine @ idle for a few
minutes. Drain and refill with the 50/50 mix while the
engine is @ operating temp. DO NOT REV IT while this
mix is in it. Drain and refill with whatever oil you normally
use and be sure to change the filter again... Tranny fluid
has some amazing cleaning abilities and if it is a stuck
lifter, it just might clean it up enough to get it working
again...It has worked on occasion for me, but not 100
percent..

I've learned.... That one should keep his
words both soft and tender, because
tomorrow he may have to eat them.

Azie