Re: Turks prefer $

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 18:52:13 EST

It at least was the case back in 2001 and 2002 when I went on the
International Air Cadet Exchange. Our own Civil Air Patrol leadership
told us that and it was confirmed by the Turkish cadet's I met on the
trips. On the trip in 2001 one of the cadets showed us why when he
pulled out a 10 million lira bill worth all of about $10, at that time
their economy was so unstable that bill's value could fluctuate
between $8-$12 in any given day. Of course a lot of things could have
changed in the last 6-7 years.