10K oil changes

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 17:17:12 EST

Barry O. writes: >>Jon, it depends on what you are using it
for. I assume it would test as good or better than dino oil. I
would not use it for extended oil changes like the Mobil 1 is
good at. Heck, the Benz taked 0w40 Mobil 1 and MB says
it's good for 10k. I am still waiting on the 10k sample to
come back though... <<

Barry! I'm curious to know what your 10K sample turns out
to be. My wife has a 2002 Jag Vanden Plas and the book
recommends 10k also between changes. If your test turns
out to show that that is in fact detremental, I'd sure like to
know. Her car has 95Kmi+ on it now, and sometimes when
it is 1st cranked after sitting for 8 or more hrs, it has a slight
rattle for just an instant. Goes away immediately, but I've
been thinking that maybe a 7500mi or sooner oil change
might remedy the noise upon startup.. It is a 4L V8 w/VVT.

Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime
that damage morale, and undermine the military are
saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged.
 --President Abraham Lincoln "

Azie