Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 20:40:32 EST

John Burgan wrote:

> Didn't the front fender/engine bay grow by a couple of inches in '91 to fit
> the 318?
>

>>But offically I would call the 08 model a new generation - as it does have
>>more than passing differences. New engine - loss of a stick shift with
>>anything other than the base 6 Cyl 3.7L - New front end, changes to the
>>interior. Its "just" barely enough. Afterall - the cosmetic changes to
>>the 91-96 trucks were basically a hood, a radiator support a grill and
>>headlights - the fenders didnt even change, and yet we defined 91 as a new
>>model year....

Yes - and I guess I didn't EXPLICITLY specify that the nose length
changed. But 1987 - 1996 used the same front fenders. The nose/hood
length changed. I can bolt a 96 fender right to my 89 Premagger.

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine