Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 21:12:13 EST

In a message dated 2/11/2008 5:21:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
silvereightynine@aol.com writes:

Eh I'm inclined to say that Dodge stopped producing the Dakota in 2005.

But offically I would call the 08 model a new generation - as it does
have more than passing differences. New engine - loss of a stick shift
with anything other than the base 6 Cyl 3.7L - New front end, changes to
the interior. Its "just" barely enough. Afterall - the cosmetic
changes to the 91-96 trucks were basically a hood, a radiator support a
grill and headlights - the fenders didnt even change, and yet we defined
91 as a new model year....

Ok bro, thanks for reminding me. I had an '08 Dak QC 2wd for a loaner for
when my truck was getting worked on. V6 and all, that thing was an absolute
PIG!! Constantly hunting through the gears to get up a hill that my truck
laughed at that just a bit of turbo came up and I was gone. Sucked gas like no
tomorrow. Ride was VERY floaty and the steering imo was too "light". I did like
the interior, lotsa storage nooks and crannies. I like the style, but the hood
seemed to be too flat imo, slope it down a bit. And at least they now have
somewhat of a storage bin under the back seat, as my '01 QC Dak didn't have a
thing.

Awards. Go to AOL Music.