Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best (1997-2004),,Ya Whatever

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 23:19:27 EST

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> [...]

   Thanks, Ray, I'll remember that. It does have an 8.75" rear
already, I'm not sure if that would need much done to it or not, I
dunno what sort of power a stock one can take. As far as the trans
goes, I had thought about Keisler's new (GM based) 4 speed overdrive,
but its very pricey on its own and the power ratings for their top of
the line version are less than what I am probably looking at doing.
The GV overdrive is supposed to be good for something like
1000-1200hp, so I am currently leaning towards slapping one of those
behind a built 727. Depends on how much all of that stuff is going to
cost, I guess! :-P The GV isn't cheap, but that plus a stock 727 is
cheaper than the Keisler route, but even if it wasn't, to get the
Keisler and hope that running 200hp over their recommendation will
hold up is probably a false economy. :-)

   I'm not sure when all this will happen anyway; its not like my
other cars are done yet. :-) I'd like to be able to build a storage
barn to and also if I did that I would build a spray booth in one
corner. But, once I did that, I'd have no money left for the cars and
I'd be right back where I started. :-) One of these days...

--
                                          -Jon-