Cab exhauster revisited

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 13:43:31 EST

Unfortunately, there is no replacement part for my leaking cab air
exhauster -- the part (55055865-AE is on my truck, later 55055865-AG)
has been discontinued and allegedly is not in stock at any dealership in
the U.S.

I took both exhausters out this weekend and couldn't find any
differences in the exhausters or the cab surface that would cause one to
leak and the other to be fine. (Of course, it remains to see if the
second one I pulled out will leak now :-P )

I did some quick searching and didn't find any leads on the parts. So,
I guess this one is getting fixed with a tube of RTV after all.

-Bill