OBD-II Software

From: WiLieR (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 22:07:23 EST

I'm in the market for some OBD-II software to use on my laptop. I
want it to be able to log sensor readings (as many as possible) and
maybe create graphs of these readings. I have an intermittent stumble
on my dak that I can't track down for the life of me. It has been a
four year on going project to track down the source but I haven't been
able to find it. I have replaced every sensor on the thing and I
still get a random stumble. If it was carbed I would say it is
flooding out because it stumbles and runs like crap, might backfire a
couple of time either through the exhaust or the intake but if I floor
it and run it through first gear (always does it at idle while in
gear) to "blow it out" then it does just fine. I have checked the
timing and it is spot on. I have monitored the fuel pressure while it
is running normal and while stumbling; it always stays at a constant
49-50 psi. I don't have any vacuum leaks and my trans is acting
normal.

So my final resort is to buy some OBD-II software and log the sensor
readings hoping to interpret the sensor data to determine exactly what
is going on. Before it is asked, I have done a tune up, the O2
sensors are only 2,000 miles old (I know Bernd would have asked about
them ;D ) and I have checked and double checked every ground, tried a
different pcm out of a known normal running dak and even swapped
distributors thinking maybe the bushings in it were going bad. The
dak is a 96 3.9 auto with 157k on the clock.

WiLieR