Re: RE: OBD-II Software

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 21:46:31 EST

I'm anxious to see what your problem turns out to be.
My workdak does the same thing,but it's more of an
"occasionally runs good,normally runs weak" thing at
this point. Does driving over a rutted or bumpy road
affect YOUR problem at all?

Steve P.

--- WiLieR <waffle787@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has had the compression test done, the heads were
> off abot 2k ago
> to check them (same time o2s were replaced) and it
> got its third
> plenum gasket then. The gasket looked fine, but I
> decided to replace
> it anyway. I have capped off every vacuum port and
> it will still
> throw fits. I have back probed every sensor
> possible with an analog
> volt meter, a dvm and an oscilliscope. Still no
> help from any of the
> readings. I have checked the resistance of every
> circuit in the
> wiring harness with no luck there either. I am out
> of ideas and hope
> the obd-II software can help me out some.
>
> WiLieR
>

> On 2/21/08, Bernd D. Ratsch <bernd@dodgetrucks.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Have you done a running compression check or
> cylinder leak-down test yet?
> > At 157K miles...i'd be checking for either a
> leaking plenum and/or cracked
> > head (very common on these engines at higher
> mileage).
> >
> > - Bernd

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Black 4X4 Sport w/Hemi

2003 Dodge Dakota Sport CC Red 4X2 Sport w/3.9 and 42RE (Work truck,driven the most often)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Silver 4X4 w/4.0 and 42RE

Be a better friend, newshound, and