Whining

From: Jamie Calder (JCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 22:39:59 EST

I'm whining.
After driving my '93 today it developed a whine. It happens when
decelerating, engine either on or off, neutral or drive. As soon as power
is applied the whining stops. Does this sound like a ring and pinion
problem since it happens only when decelerating and pressure is applied to
the back side of the ring and pinion teeth? It's has about 10,000 miles on
new 4.10's. The only other things I can think of are bearings (carrier,
pinion or axle)
Thanks,
James