Re: DML Stats Page

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Mar 07 2008 - 11:11:22 EST

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> On Thu, March 6, 2008 5:42 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net said:
>>
>> Still, 2nd out of 4,266 isn't bad. :-)

> I guess nobody else from back then has stuck around. I was kind of surprised
> to see that.

  Yep. There are definitely a lot of people who have come and gone
over the years, even some who were fairly high volume, active posters.
A few of those we are definitely better off without, but for every one
of those, there are probably a dozen who I wish were still around and
posting. While I was working on the upgrades to the stats page, I had
an opportunity to read through many old archives posts, and it was a
fun trip down memory lane. :-)

>> (Speaking of which, I don't know if you noticed or not,
>> but the next time Norah posts to the DML, she's going to move past you
>> into the #2 spot.) ;-)

> No she's not. My first post was September 18, 1996. She didn't post until
> November 8. Besides, we're both just using dml@bleazard.net now. We've
> shared e-mail addresses in the past as well (janor@ican.net and
> janor@home.com), so I'm probably getting credit for about half of her posts
> over the years.

   Oops. For some reason I thought hers was September and you were
November. I'll blame it on too many hours standing in front of a mill
combined with too many Cherry Cokes. :-)

> Since all of our e-mail goes through one inbox, I figured it was more
> efficient to just get one copy of all the DML messages and let my server turn
> them in to two copies after downloading them. It's a small gain, but it was
> easy to implement. Unfortunately it also breaks the stats in a different way
> (sorry).

   You stats breaker, you! :-) In that case, maybe she has posted
within the past 5 years, just under the dml@ address. But if not,
and/or she did want to post again and keep it separate for some
reason, you could always subscribe the norah.dml address to the nomail
version of the list; that way there's no additional mail, but it can
still be used to post.

--
                                          -Jon-