Re: OT: Bikes

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2008 - 02:19:39 EDT

--- Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:

> Ray Irons wrote:
>
> >I've said it once and I asked nicely. Now I'm going
> >say it again.
> >
> >LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!
> >
> >If you find it neccessary to continue, then keep
> the
> >personal attacks off the DML by doing this over
> >personal email.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> >Ray
> >

> Uh, Ray, there's only one person on here making
> personal attacks....

Barry,

 There were a couple of personal insults thrown back
and forth and not just by one person. There was some
snide remarks and other bovine excrement put out here
and I was trying to see it settled down. I asked once,
and I asked a second time.

If you can please go back thru the archives of the
past few days and you can see I did ask twice and it
did settle down.

Till now. I thought this issue was put to bed and
everyone had moved on.

I hope this is still the case. This topic is sensitive
to some more then others. I have friends that ride
Harley's, BMW's, Triumphs, Moto Guzi's, Ducati's and
every brand of Jap bike made. I don't care what they
ride and they don't care what I ride. As long as each
one of us has the passion to enjoy our own ride that's
what matters.

It also matters when one of them gets injured or
killed. I have (or should I say had) a riding friend
that rode a Yamaha FJR and bought a R6 for his wife.
For whatever reason this past winter, he decided it
wasn't worth living anymore and rode off on his wife's
bike. Stopped and took off his helmet and rode head
first into a concrete wall at over 100 mph. Several of
our riding friends attended his memorial service,
including the Patriot Guard. Again there were bike of
every description in attendance. This community banded
together and raised over 10K for his widow. That's
what family is all about. I like to think the DML is a
family as well and while we can dislike someones
opinion at times, we just have to agree to disagree
and move on.

Now I'm asking for a third time. Barry, this isn't
directly personally at you. I asking for everyone,
before they respond, to let it go and to each their
own opinions.

Ray
98 Dakota RC V6 5spd
98 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.