Plasma cutters, anyone?

From: clhyer@cox.net
Date: Tue Mar 18 2008 - 13:25:40 EDT

Hello,
I am kicking around an idea that might make me a little spare change, but I think I would need a plasma cutter to do the work efficiently. I've looked over a bunch of them on ebay. A couple of questions for anyone that has one or used one.
Some of them come with 120/220 input. Does the 120 model work good?
Most of the ones I've been looking at usually have a "40 something" model or "50 something" model, like 40DX & 50DX. Are the 50's that much better?
What do you have?
I would be cutting up mostly thin sheet metal.
Thanks,
Cal