Re: Upshift light in 5th

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2008 - 12:07:00 EDT

David Gersic wrote:
> On Friday 21 March 2008 04:52 pm, Andy Levy wrote:
>
>>I'm still puzzled that your '03 has an upshift light and mine didn't.
>

> My '01 has a shift light. Maybe yours is burned out, or has been disconnected?

Back in 02 I put a sport instrument cluster in Christine (1989 Dak) -
the cluster was out of a 90 I think... so I would have a factory tach.
It also had a shift light indicator in the circuit board. For shits and
giggles I threw a bulb and a socket in there to see what would happen.
Being that the truck was an automatic, I didn't expect the light to come
on at all - but it did. It turned on and off as I was driving, seeming
to not like the automatics shift patterns LOL. It would come on far
sooner before the A-100 would upshift. Which I thought was funny. I
took the bulb out after it got annoying.

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine