Re: Upshift light in 5th

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Mar 24 2008 - 11:29:21 EDT

David Gersic <info@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote:

> On Friday 21 March 2008 04:52 pm, Andy Levy wrote:
>> I'm still puzzled that your '03 has an upshift light and mine didn't.

> My '01 has a shift light. Maybe yours is burned out, or has been disconnected?

    Unless I am mistaken, David's Dak is a V6, so there's yet another
data point that theory. Its really starting to look like for some
reason, the V6 trucks got a functioning shift light, but it doesn't
work with the V8.

    Come to think of it, the shift light in my '90 V6 works but not in
my '96 V8, so maybe its not even a 4.7L thing, maybe it doesn't work
with the 318 either?

  Does anyone out there have a functioning factory upshift light in a
V8 Dak?

--
                                          -Jon-