150,000 tune-up advice

From: Chris Reck (chris_blm@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 20:54:54 EDT

It's about that time for me to replace the ball joints in the Dak again.
Since I'll be tearing apart the front to replace them, should I also replace
the control arm bushings? I've tried to look online and the only ones that
I found for 4wd were these Prothane bushings.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Prothane/311/4-213-BL/10002/-1

How much is it to replace these? The upper control arm should be easy, but
the bottom ones might be tricky.

I'm also planning on replacing brake pads and rotors. The tie rods have
approx 30,000 miles on them. If anyone has thoughts as well as manf and
part numbers, it'll make my job a bit easier to hunt things down. This will
help me get out to the BBQ in safe condition.

Thanks!

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
"It's not the meat, it's how you apply the rub"