Re: Best MPG Num-bar EVAR

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2008 - 00:22:22 EDT

Some scooters claim 100 mpg, but I agree that it's probably a bit
overly optimistic. When I did the math, assuming that a scooter would
get 80 mpg vs. a motorcycle getting 35 in town and 50 on the highway,
if I made one trip of a couple hundred miles per month a full size
motorcycle would save more gas than a scooter, be more fun to ride,
and a lot more versatile. As for the beginners riding course, the
state of Washington subsidizes them and when you're done you just take
the certificate in to the Department of Licensing and they give you
the endorsement. It is by far the easiest way to get the endorsement,
by far the safest, and over all well worth the time and money
invested.

As for the costs of scooters there are some around here for under
$1000, most are closer to $1500.