Re: Temp sensor

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 14:44:24 EDT

"Jamie Calder" <JCalder3@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On a '93 318 Dakota there's 2 temp sensors, one for the gauge and one for
> the PCM, correct? The gauge sensor has 1 wire and the PCM sensor has 2,
> still correct?
> I need one for the gauge and the local parts store only has the 2 wire one.

    That's correct. I have found that parts stores sometimes call the
one wire sensor a "temperature switch" rather than a temperature
sensor, even though "switch" is not the correct terminology for this
item. You might want to give the parts store another try, looking for
a "temperature switch". Its a normally stocked part at Autozone,
their part number is TU165.

--
                                          -Jon-