Re: M1

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 21:58:08 EDT

Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:

> At 05:53 PM 6/2/08, Jon wrote:
>>Anyhoo, just thought I'd chime in in case any of that is useful to
>>you.

> Heh, I had completely forgotten about that information :-)

> Jamie. If you're looking for 1/4-mile data, I ran 14.3s with the 4 bbl
> on a NA modded 318, 3.92 gears and BFG drag radials. I swapped
> out the 3.92 and put in 4.56 and dropped my ET to 13.9s. I then
> advanced the cam timing by 3 degrees and got my ETs to 13.7s.
> I believe the Dak was weighing in around 3700 or so lbs. HTH.

   That weight is pretty impressive! IIRC, my '96 Club Cab weighed in
at around 4000lbs empty, and the GenIIs are supposed to be lighter
than the GenIII! You must have done some work there. :-) (Granted,
my Dak did have a hitch, tonneau cover, bed liner, spare tire, etc. I
never bothered to remove anything to reduce the weight, though now
that I think about it, that would probably have been easier than
modifying the engine. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-