Re: coolant troubles

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2008 - 22:58:43 EDT

On Sunday 01 June 2008 12:13 am, jherrman@zoominternet.net wrote:
> Ok, I feel like an idiot, and rightly so. It really didn't look like I
> had lost a lot of fluid, compared to the 13qt it holds, and I didn't
> know it would fail to use the overfill reservoir if the radiator got
> too low, and that I should look past its "full" reading.

The coolent in the overflow is sucked in to the system by vacuum. If there is
a leak (like the cap isn't sealed), then that would allow the system to suck
air instead of coolent, and the overflow tank remains full.

As to whether anything else got damaged, well, that remains to be seen I
guess. Hope not. Good luck.