Re: Back to the Odometer Topic

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2008 - 11:22:00 EDT

On Saturday 07 June 2008 04:42 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:
> Well what I'm looking at right now is a 2001 Dodge Neon 5 speed stick,
> but no tach. I don't like vehicals with no tach heh.

I like the eye-candy of a tach as well, but you should be able to drive it
without. I drove my last truck for 10+ years without having a tach.

What has always puzzled me is the cars with auto transmissions that have
tachs.

> instrument cluster replaced due to being damaged or something? Yesh I
> could just add an aftermarket tach, I'm sure I can find an A-pillar pod
> for one

Rice it up, Tom! Put a 12" tach on the column, a fart can muffler on the
exhaust, and some kind of a spoiler made out of junk from your garage on the
back. If you make the rest of the car ugly enough, nobody'll even notice the
non-stock tach.