Re: UH-OH!

From: Chris Reck (chris_blm@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2008 - 23:21:53 EDT

It doesn't sound like the clutch fan if it's metal-on-metal. I've been
dealing with a pesky clutch fan for the last 2 years. My belt tensioner
went bad, loosened, and damaged the stock clutch fan. After getting two
aftermarket fans (one here, and one at Daktoberfest 2006) I've always had to
deal with a loud whooshing sound. It was to the point I could see the dust
kick up out the side window when I started the truck in the garage.

Only recently, the whooshing occurs during the first startup and few seconds
of driving. After that, it goes away and FINALLY I have a quiet engine.

I never heard any metal sounding noise at all. Just a whooshing that was
keyed to the engine speed (was louder the faster I went).

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
"It's not the meat, it's how you apply the rub"