Was UH-OH! now Cheap HFC134a

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2008 - 01:06:56 EDT

Office Depot Brand is 100% 1,1,1,2-TetraFlouroEthane...which is HFC-134A
Witness the MSDS sheet for it:
http://www.officedepot.com/pdf/msds/329576.pdf

In bulk, I pay $5 a can for 10 oz. That's about half what it goes for
in autoparts stores around here.

I just had the AC done in the benz. Apparently the PO just kept dumping
can after can of sealer into his AC [he had eorn the finish off of the
port] and when the shop pulled it apart, there was a TON of oil and gook
  that came pouring out of it. This, among other things, caused me to
need a new condenser [$400, + labor] as you could shake it and feel the
junk sloshing around in it. Therefore it *IS* possible to put too much
sealer/oil into your AC as it's the gas that escapes, not the oil.

I guess different brands would be different, but the Office Depot brand
even has the same nipple as the home AC kits when you pull off the cap.