Re: DML BBQ - Wrenchfest 2008

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 15:54:50 EDT

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> On Wed, June 18, 2008 1:37 pm, Andy Levy said:
>>
>> Expedia has Northwest listed at $550 round trip Milwaukee to Buffalo
>> departing Aug. 21 and returning Aug. 25. That's the cheapest they
>> show, and a layover each way in Detroit.
>
> Expedia clearly blows. Travelocity found flights starting at $205 (that's
> $158 before fees or $205 including fees). I haven't checked Orbitz or
> Priceline or Hotwire... there's a bunch of travel sites that specialize in
> cheap prices.

I think the NWA flight you found for $205 is the same one I found on
Expedia. Maybe I was reading something wrong on Expedia? Or maybe they
really do blow that much.

> Looks like he could fly nonstop from Chicago on Southwest for $128, but of
> course he'd still have to get to Chicago (and put up with Southwest, but
> they're not that bad).

Yeah, but what you save on airfare you lose on gas, tolls & parking.

> Driving 1600 miles at 30 MPG and $4/gallon is about $213 (or I'm sure I'll be
> quickly corrected if that's incorrect).

Sounds like the price is just about a wash - except for the value of time.

> Tom, just give us a couple of days and we'll have your whole life planned out
> for you. You're welcome. :-)

Now clean up your room, Tom!