Re: DML BBQ - Wrenchfest 2008

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 21:45:29 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:
> On Wed, June 18, 2008 1:37 pm, Andy Levy said:
>
>>Expedia has Northwest listed at $550 round trip Milwaukee to Buffalo
>>departing Aug. 21 and returning Aug. 25. That's the cheapest they
>>show, and a layover each way in Detroit.
>

> Expedia clearly blows. Travelocity found flights starting at $205 (that's
> $158 before fees or $205 including fees). I haven't checked Orbitz or
> Priceline or Hotwire... there's a bunch of travel sites that specialize in
> cheap prices.
>
> Looks like he could fly nonstop from Chicago on Southwest for $128, but of
> course he'd still have to get to Chicago (and put up with Southwest, but
> they're not that bad).

Thanks guys - I appreciate the short notice flight planning assistance
you're offering - but truth be told - and I know its safer to fly than
to drive statistically blah blah blah... Plus I'm thinking the airlines
might not take too kindly to all my paintball gear, CO2 tanks, vests and
camo, might raise a few red flags with baggage screeners.

Plus I hate flying heh... Last time I was on a plane was when I had to
fly home from Jon's in 03.

> Driving 1600 miles at 30 MPG and $4/gallon is about $213 (or I'm sure I'll be
> quickly corrected if that's incorrect).

Recent testing yeilded approx 38 MPG on the highway, over a 100 mile
jaunt. Loaded down with gear will lower that figure... but I'm still
hoping that planned modifications to the Neon will yeild higher fuel
economy numbers, even with my gear.

> Tom, just give us a couple of days and we'll have your whole life planned out
> for you. You're welcome. :-)

Works for me, I sure as hell ain't doing a good job of it on my own... I
prefer brunettes or red heads, thanks.

TerribleTom! New and improved for 2008! Twice As TERRIBLE!
Twice as INSANE! Now with Kung Foo Grip! *batteries not included*
The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj