Re: Replacing motor mounts

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 22:35:01 EDT

yes, i transferred the whole setup over from the 94 truck

the passenger side is all unbolted, but the mount is pinned between
the brackets on the engine and frame and the disconnect housing. i
unbolted the disconnect housing from the 3-way (triangle-shaped)
brace... so now if i take the bracket off the engine, i THINK i can
squeeze the mount out. i'll try tomorrow. the engine is lifted and the
axle assy is loose, so i can actually move the mount around quite a
bit. i even took the isolator mush out to get a better hand grip. but
it's still pinned.

i have my fsm out too... unless i missed something, it doesn't mention all that.

the driver's side is more oblong and looks like it will maneuver out
without as much difficulty. however loosening the thru-bolts on that
one was 10x harder because the pumpkin and the larger 3-way brace are
in the way... like you said. my hands are thoroughly beat up.

speaking of... i tried the air ratchet once before crunching my hand
between the ratchet's actuator and the truck frame. had to disconnect
it to free my hand. they don't teach stupid... i'm just a natural.