Re: Original Tom's Extraction video?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Aug 02 2008 - 23:02:24 EDT

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:
> Who has the original extraction video? You know the pulling of Tom's
> truck out of the pond? I just tried converting from VHS to DVD and the
> quality sucked. What I would really like is a digital copy if one
> exists. Anyone? Bueller?

   I'm about 99.99% sure that Tom filmed it, in which case he's
probably got the original on Hi8. (Unless those were one of the tapes
that he gave to Walt to digitize. I think Walt still has those, I
know the Colorado footage is on them, not sure what else.)

   Tom, if you manage to get those tapes back (or if Walt wants to
mail them directly to me, whatever) and you can bring your camera and
RCA cables, we could play them into my DVDR to get them into a digital
format and/or burn some DVDs, if you want.

--
                                          -Jon-