Door Electrical Issues

From: Robert Howe (dakota@eckoe.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2008 - 12:57:21 EDT

Hi All,

I have a 2003 CC and have been having problems with the driver door not
unlocking. My first instinct is that the motor is just not actuating in
that direction, so I replaced the lovely door latch mechanism.
Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. It does it both with the
keyless remote, and the power lock switch on the door panels. The
passenger door works fine.

I don't know if they're related or not, but the passenger side window
will also intermittently not work from the switch in the passenger door,
but it can be operated consistantly from the driver door. Almost as if
the window lock button is pressed, however, this occurs with that button
in either position.

I don't have alot of experience with automotive electrical
troubleshooting, so not sure where even to start on this one. I have
checked the fuses, and all seem to be OK inside the cab, have not
checked under the hood.

Thanks in Advance

-Rob