Temperature

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 10:41:58 EDT

This is a weird one, and I'm not sure what is causing it. Here is the scenario:
Start up until engine is at operating temp is about 3 minutes. After about 3 minutes, the temp climbs past the norm, and proceeds to the max reading on the gauge. I'd say it takes about 15-30 seconds to get there.
At this point, if I floor it or rev the engine in neutral, or turn off the engine and restart, the temp gauge goes up to the max reading for a second or two, and then drops back to the norm reading in about 3-5 seconds. Then it is rock solid and doesn't ever show any kind of overheat. I never hear any boiling sounds or see steam coming from the engine. The coolant bottle is full.

This leads me to believe something is getting "stuck". I already changed the thermostat thinking it was sticking. But it hasn't fixed it. What else do I need to look at?

Oh, and this isn't my truck, it is a '95 plymouth voyager. :) I was hoping you mechanical wizards might be able to point me in a direction to try and fix this.

Thanks guys!