RE: Bosch O2 sensors

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 10:18:51 EDT

Bosch O2 sensors have a bad rap because they are cheap quality sensors. I
have seen people spend hundreds of dollars troubleshooting electrical
problems due to a Bosch O2 sensors being bad right out of the box, but since
it was a brand new sensors they didn't think it could be the sensors. And
the problems ranged everywhere from O2 codes, rough idling, misfires, to
transmission shifting problems(on the GenIIIs the O2s share a ground circuit
with the tranny sensors) And this is more than one occasion and more than
one person/truck. IMO, with that type of reputation in such a small
community of online forums, I wouldn't trust Bosch O2 sensors in anything.
I've even put Bosch O2 sensor in my 2005 Chrysler T&C only to have it still
not work. After two new sensors replaced under the Bosch warranty, took it
to dealer thinking is was electrical problem with the van(still under
factory warranty) and it was the Bosch sensors that don't work on the van
period. New OEM sensors and not a single problem since.

On the Dak forums I frequent, the Walker brand or the OEM sensors from the
dealer are the only ones recommended for use.

brian cropp